On Mon, 12 Sep 2011 00:31:46 +0100
Owain Ainsworth <zer...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> I've been sitting on various stages of this update for far too long,
> about time i sent it out.
>
> This updates the rendering code in the in-tree intel driver to much more
> recent versions of the upstream intel driver, while retaining user
> modesetting code (backporting work by me as well as a few openbsd
> specific changes). This fixes many bugs and provides a large speed
> improvement (especially text rendering) on 965 and above chipsets.
>
> A few bugfixes from kettenis@ are also present fixing some nagging
> issues.
>
> This is a prerequisite for support for sandybridge chipsets so it would
> be good to get it into the tree soon. Testing would be much appreciated.
> Instructions follow:
>
> Download the tarball at http://xenocara.org/src/intel_update.tgz
>
> move /usr/xenocara/driver/xf86-video-intel out of the way and untar the
> tgz from xenocara/drivers
>
> cd xf86-video-intel
> make -f Makefile.bsd-wrapper obj
> make -f Makefile.bsd-wrapper build
>
> Please let me know if you find any issues, otherwise reports of which
> hardware this was testing on to me privately please.
>
> Cheers,
>
> -0-
> --
> I was playing poker the other night ... with Tarot cards. I got a full
> house and four people died.
>               -- Steven Wright

Hi,

Works fine on my i386 laptop :

vga1 at pci0 dev 2 function 0 "Intel GM45 Video" rev 0x07
wsdisplay0 at vga1 mux 1: console (80x25, vt100 emulation)
wsdisplay0: screen 1-5 added (80x25, vt100 emulation)
intagp0 at vga1
agp0 at intagp0: aperture at 0xe0000000, size 0x10000000
inteldrm0 at vga1: apic 2 int 16
drm0 at inteldrm0

Thanks.

--