On 12/05/2011 05:25 AM, Kevin Chadwick wrote:
On Mon, 05 Dec 2011 10:53:00 +0100
"Sebastian Reitenbach" wrote:

So to be able to shoot myself in the foot without the need to compile the
kernel, I'll look into adding a sysctl to tweak the maximum size of the buffer.
Well, depending on time and how fast I figure out how to do that, might take
some time.

I don't know the best word but what about something like
net.inet.tcp.footshooter.

You'd have to be pretty dumb. To write into the mailing list saying

I don't know what's wrong. The only changes I've made are to increasse
performance by tweaking net.inet.tcp.footshooter.sbmax?
footshooter.net.sbmax perhaps? Such a hierarchy could be populated with all the parameters it's, umm, unwise to tweak without a lot of knowledge. A 90% frivolous suggestion.

Geoff Steckel