Jan Klemkow <j.klem...@wemelug.de> wrote:

> here is a diff that adds optional linebuffering to tr(1) with command
> line switch -u like in sed(1).  I need this to remove '\r' characters
> from a continues input steam which lines have to be there immediately.

It's really odd to make tr output line-buffered, since tr doesn't
process lines to begin with.  FreeBSD's tr -u is unbuffered.

Maybe, instead of adding such flags to more and more utilities, we
should have a general unbuffer tool that runs things through a pty.
(And I'd be surprised if something like this wasn't already floating
around.)

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          na...@mips.inka.de