On Sun, Feb 16, 2014 at 03:11:07PM +0100, Ingo Schwarze wrote:
> Few, probably, because mandoc(1) is fast enough that we run in on
> demand whenever possible and usually avoid preformatting anything
> during builds, or where we do preformat, we use groff for that, anyway.
> But even missing one single instance that is hiding somewhere
> would just be pointless disruption in a release.

We can try specifically poisoning mandoc in ports land, so that you would
see whenever it's invoked.

Don't remember if you're familiar with that, but it's fairly trivial to do:
the ports tree runs all the builds with PATH starting with
${WRKDIR}/bin

you can poison mandoc very easily around line 2477 of bsd.port.mk.