On 28.04.14 23:05, Miod Vallat wrote:

> I'm not too fond of this kind of change - the compiler does a good job
> at merging or optimizing temporary variables.

I disagree. I stopped writing code for the compiler when I got my first
pubic hair. Now I think that useless introduction of non-obviously named
temporary variables prevents reading and auditing code and is in the set
of issues easiest to fix. So with all due respect (and I actually DO
have a lot respect for your conservative attitude towards patches) I
think that simplifying expressions (with fixes that software can easily
verify producing equivalent code) helps the overall software security.

Regards,

  erdgeist