On 2014/04/28 18:05, Simon Perreault wrote:
> Tech,
>
> Now that my AI_ADDRCONFIG diff is in, it's time to reveal my evil master plan:
> make getaddrinfo() return IPv6 results first by default.
>
> The diff below would be the end goal. I guess people will have valid
> objections
> to it. I'd like to know what they are.
>
> Would it be necessary/desirable to check all calls to getaddrinfo() in base
> and
> add AI_ADDRCONFIG to hints.ai_flags where needed? (i.e. pretty much everywhere
> except special cases which right now I can't think of any)
>
> Thanks,
> Simon

Too soon I think. Wait a little longer and more major ISPs will turn
IPv4 into the second class citizen as they fumble with their cgnat
deployments then this will make a lot more sense. Now that akamai have
their /10 taking ARIN into the final /8 run-out position that RIPE and
APNIC have been in for some time, this will accelerate.