> >Sorry, I'm running with some custom changes to make some other hardware
> >work
> >on this box, and at the moment I haven't had time to update them for
> >-current.
>
> Mmm what hardware? It may be that it's supported in -current already and

I'm running with some changes to wscons to support my 122-key
mainframe style keyboard in a useful way.  That is to say supporting
VT switching and other 'commands' on dedicated keys.  Also, my repeat
key patch from last year never made it in to mainline to I've got that
here as well.

Around November last year, the framebuffer code was changed which
made the console impossibly slow for me on three boxes, so I've made
some local changes to repair that regression.

Also, regarding wifi, I am experimenting with three wifi cards,
one of which gained support in mainline between 5.4-release and 5.5-release,
onr of the others is long supported, the other not supported or working
very well at all at the moment, despite being almost identical to
another that I have.

When using OpenBSD with a wifi card in host AP mode, it's obvious that
something is wrong with the rate control code, because it never seems to
go about 2 mbit.  So, I've got some changes to the rate control code and
one device driver in at the same time.

With all this going on, it's not trivial to follow -current on these
boxes at the moment.  But I will see what I can do and maybe port some
of my bits forward.

It's really a shame that the repeat key and other wscons changes are not
of interest, because I'm sure there are other people that could use them.

Unfortunately after my modified repeat key patch was rejected, (silently),
I reverted to a simpler version that breaks other stuff, because it suited
me better for my own boxes and was easier to port forward every six
months.

Oh, and I fixed a couple of time related bugs in my tree as well.

> anyway for getting support inside OpenBSD for that hardware patch will need
> to be done against -current.

Not much point if nodbody's interested in it apart from me:-).

Look back in the archives...  This was posted around the 5.0 era:

http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-bugs&m=132851264207109&w=2

--
Creamy! <3