On Thu, 2014-07-10 at 23:05 -0400, Daniel Dickman wrote:
> Patch below turns off the following ancient protocols built into lynx:
> bibp, finger, gopher, and news.
>
> For some urls, lynx will invoke an external command. Turn off telnet,
> rlogin and tn3270 urls by defining them to false(1) as documented in the
> lynx manual.

Gopher and NNTP are actually still being used (the former a bit
sparsely, but there are a few servers here and there). The rest I don't
mind seeing disappear (we don't ship the telnet and rlogin programs
anymore AFAIK, I've never heard of bibp, and we have a finger program as
an alternative to the functionality in lynx).

> Finally, turn off the file editor which can be accessed with "g.<enter>"
> using the --disable-dired switch.

I don't see a good reason to get rid of this. What is the rationale?

--
Shawn K. Quinn <skqu...@rushpost.com>