> I have been pointed that I did not formulate the question clearly.
> Would you prefer to have a static ENGINE thing built into the LibreSSL,
> providing 100% API compatibility with original ccgost implementation,
> or it would be better to have a cleaner well-integrated cryptosuite?

As already replied by Theo, the LibReSSL position is that GOST
algorithms should be implemented as `built-in' algorithm, just like the
others (DES, AES, RSA, ECDH...) are; and that they should be available
via the EVP interface.

Speaking for myself, I am not very fond of the OpenSSL-inherited ENGINE
interface; and I'd rather have my crypto built-in, than dependent upon
the phase of the moon and whatever uid I might be running as, as well as
filesystem permissions.

Miod