Hi Christian,

Christian Weisgerber wrote on Sun, Feb 15, 2015 at 04:04:57PM +0000:
> On 2015-02-15, "Ted Unangst" <t...@tedunangst.com> wrote:

>> mandoc already special cases Aq in Mt macros to output plain <brackets>.
>> Existing usage suggests that's what people want elsewhere as well.

I'm not sure i can absolutely exclude that, but i don't remember
having seen convincing use of .Aq without .Mt that needs ASCII <>
either.  So for now, let's just fix the bad .Aq usage that was found.
If good usage needing ASCII <> is found, we can reconsider.

>> pf <tables> and <include.h> headers are not math equations either.

> I think these manuals should use actual < > instead of the Aq macro.

pf.conf(5) should use plain <> for tables.  <include.h> should
always use .In.

> There are related problems in some man pages like pf.conf(5) where
> >= is turned into a fancy mathematical sign etc.  I wanted to clean
> up some of those, but wasn't sure what the correct fix was, failed
> to get a straight answer out of schwarze@ and jmc@, and then sort
> of forgot...

Oops, sorry, that mail fell through the cracks, you just got a
late answer.  It boils down to "never use \*(Lt \*(Le \*(Gt \*(Ge".
Usually, you don't need any \* whatsoever.

Yours,
  Ingo