From: owner-t...@openbsd.org [owner-t...@openbsd.org] on behalf of Florian
Obser [flor...@openbsd.org]
Sent: Monday, 4 May 2015 4:34 AM
To: tech@openbsd.org
Cc: Sunil Nimmagadda
Subject: Re: Byte range implementation for httpd(8)

On Sun, May 03, 2015 at 08:14:25PM +0200, Sebastian Benoit wrote:
> one question though: whats the reasoning behind MAX_RANGES 4? nginx seems to
> have a default of "unlimited" (which i think questionable), but what is

Wasn't there a cve about this last year or so? You can try to burn cpu
and io on the server by requesting stupid ranges, like one byte at a
time, backwards for the whole file or something...

> reasonably seen on the internet?

my best guess is one range, from some byte position to the end, when
you resume a transfer.

--
I'm not entirely sure you are real.