On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 10:15 AM, Todd C. Miller
<todd.mil...@courtesan.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Sep 2015 10:02:17 -0400, Lawrence Teo wrote:
>
>> This diff removes redundant defines in two files.
>>
>> In s_socket.c, SOCKET_PROTOCOL is defined as IPPROTO_TCP, but it's only
>> used once.
>
> OK.
>
>> In s_time.c, NO_SHUTDOWN is always defined, so there is no need for a
>> bunch of NO_SHUTDOWN #ifdef blocks.
>
> I'm less sure about this as without calling SSL_shutdown() the
> client is not notified.  I suppose that's intentional as s_time is
> just for timing connections?
>
>  - todd

OK, who has a camera looking over my shoulder? I was just looking at this :)

TBH, I'd rather this were a flag rather than a define. Yes, a knob,
but this is a benchmark that really should be able to benchmark a full
TLS connection and shutdown to be accurate. The default behavior of
faking out the shutdown state machine does make the this run about 25%
faster, but I would have never known that if not for playing with the
define.