On 01/22/16 22:46, Mark Kettenis wrote:
> Firefox makes a lot of concurrent malloc(3) calls.  The locking to
> make malloc(3) thread-safe is a bit...suboptimal.  This diff makes
> things better by using a mutex instead of spinlock.  If you're running
> Firefox you want to try it; it makes video watchable on some machines.
> If you're not running Firefox you want to try it; to make sure it
> doesn't break things.

Running this since early Saturday, Firefox is definitely more responsive
than earlier.

I haven't tried running other resource hogs such as LibreOffice with
several large documents, but I guess I could try that too if it's a
relevant scenario.

- P

http://bsdly.blogspot.com/ http://www.bsdly.net/ http://www.nuug.no/