On Sun, Mar 20, 2016 at 09:04:22PM +0100, Norman Golisz wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> On Sat Mar 19 2016 13:53, Martin Pieuchot wrote:
> > I'm also interested in hearing from more people using multi-threaded
> > applications.
>
> your patch - just like Michal's - improves the situation a lot.

For now I've only applied Martin's patch. Are there any reasons not to
apply both?

> Watching videos (HD) fullscreen in a browser without stuttering - the
> GUI stays responsive as well.

I'm kinda stunned here. For years I've been telling my girlfriend, my
friends and my children that I cannot watch all those funny YouTube
videos they have insisted on sending me. Of course there was always the
possibility of viewing them through smtube, minitube, youtube-dl and
whatnot, but ...  but no, those were really not "realtime" options.

Then now all of a sudden I can play Peppa Pig episodes for my youngest
one. Full screen. HD. Flawlessly. On my old dual core ThinkPad t500 with
"only" 4GB RAM. In Firefox on OpenBSD!!! Woah...

> Thank you both!

Seconded. At least as long as my work schedule won't suffocate as a
result of spending too much time watching vidoes...