Bob Beck wrote:
> No.  DNS based whitelisting does not belong in there. because it is
> slow and DOS'able
>
> spamd is designed to be high speed low drag. If you want to do a DNS
> based whitelist, write a little co-thing that spits one into a file or
> into your nospamd table that then spamd *does not even see*.
>
> In short *spamd* is the wrong place to do this.  put your dns based
> whitelist in a table periodically

This sounds like a potentially problematic approach. There are now spam
networks that circumvent DNS blacklists, even if the SMTP server queries
for each domain it receives. The best I can tell, they do this by
burning through domains on cheap TLDs like .xyz. Locally caching DNS
blacklist responses seems like it could magnify this problem
substantially.