On Mon, Aug 08, 2016 at 11:45:10PM -0400, James Hastings wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The following patch adds RT5390/RT5392 support to ral(4).
>
> Ported from FreeBSD r278551 and r300006.
>
> Running smoothly with RT3090 and various RT5390 cards.

Thank you for working on this, James.
I'll review your diff and test it with older ral(4) cards ASAP.
(It might take a week or two.)

> Requires updated ral-rt2860 firmware

I believe we should ask Kevin Lo (in Cc) about the licensing terms of the
new microcode that was committed to FreeBSD. It does not seem obvious
where these microcode changes originated and which license the vendor
was using. If we can't keep using the current licence then the updated
firmware cannot be distributed along with the base system.

I don't expect a problem because past experience with Ralink/Mediatek
has been very good. But we should still make sure.

Thanks!