> From: Reyk Floeter <r...@openbsd.org>
> Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2016 12:50:56 +0100
>
> >> On Sat, Dec 10, 2016 at 08:17:10PM +0900, Ryan McBride wrote:
> >> So I've been eying this machine for a while:
> >> http://www.kingjim.co.jp/sp/portabook/xmc10/
> >
> > Included below is the dmesg with the previous diff applied.
> >
> > Besides all the devices that show "not configured", there are a bunch of
> > other things that don't work. I guess there's more broken that I haven't
> > run into yet.
> >
> > - Built-in keyboard does not work in the bootloader (an external USB
> >  keyboard is fine)
> >
> > - zzz fails with "acpi0: state S3 unavailable"
> >
> > - Console does not use the whole screen, there is an empty border around
> >  the whole screen (~2 chars tall at top and bottom, ~3 wide on the
> >  sides)
> >

> efifb(4) does not fill the screen, it uses hardcoded values; I only
> get a tiny console on my 2560x screen.

There are hardcoded limits.  On smaller screens it will use the entire
screen.

> I patched my kernel to fill the laptop screen but efifb should
> really just adjust to the actual resolution automatically.

The problem with filling the entire screen is that the console becomes
quite slow.  This makes doing things like running a full-screen editor
or scrolling through logs a bit of a pain.  Maybe it is a bit better
now that we map the framebuffer in write-combining mode.  Also
increasing the number of characters beyond what we have now is not
going to make it more usable.

What we really need is a bigger font for those high-resolution screens.