I am mailing tech@openbsd.org (and thereby, the greater community
who's email addresses may have changed) to inquire whether it is OK to
change the version of gcc 4.2.1 in our source tree to from GPL to the
ISC license.

This licence improvement will remove the last bits of ambiguity about
access to C compiler technology in a world where clang/llvm is
permissive licensed.  Everyone deserves access to C technology without
restriction, especially as rust makes inroads.

To push this change through we are going to follow the re-licensing
procedure recently proposed by OpenSSL, which has been signed off by
their lawyers at the SFLC.  This process has significant signoff from
Linux Foundation, Intel, and others.

Therefore, I am asking all authors to respond to this thread if they
object.

Should probably provide special attention to the original author as
the starting point for all future work as 'derivative' authors who
could be authors on their own.  He is the Eric Young of gcc, so we
respect his opinion. In case he doesn't read this let him know; if he
is concerned he will reply. Richard schooled SFLC when yacc got turned
into bison.

OpenSSL and SFLC are suggesting lack of consent towards an action,
indicates consent towards that action.  According to that:

If we do not hear from you, we will assume that you have no objection.

We are providing a full week notice to the community to consider this,
then we will continue with this innocuous procedure.

ps. If the bcc to reach you bounced, sorry.