Hi,

On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 12:41:08PM +0200, Claudio Jeker wrote:
> I think it is time to remove the bgpctl irrfilter code. It is not
> useful and it is better to use tools like bgpq3 to build as-sets and
> prefix-sets for bgpd filtering.

Agreed. I'd love to have a replacement in base some day, but 'bgpctl
irrfilter' is not suitable.

> If anyone is still using irrfilter please speak up now.

Even if you are using irrfilter today, I'd recommend you to switch to
bgpq3 or an equivalent. I can't get irrfilter's functionality to work at
all with my own ASNs.

        [job@kiera ~]$ mkdir /tmp/y
        [job@kiera ~]$ bgpctl irrfilter -o /tmp/y 8283
        irrfilter for: 8283, writing to /tmp/y
        [job@kiera ~]$ ls /tmp/y
        [job@kiera ~]$

Any attempt to parse RPSL is insanity anyway...

OK job@

Kind regards,

Job