I've had to neuter some setlocale() in mlt, since our code is definitely NOT
thread-safe.  No biggie, since we do not have support for LC_NUMERIC right now.

I think we might want the thread-specific functions, namely stuff like
strtod_l, or sprintf_l  and friends.

Even if they do not do anything specific right now with a locale object,
at least they would prevent re-entrency issues.

Note that the current issue is a time-bomb, because it is a race, so it does
only
manifest itself as  a double free in freegl...

uselocale is fine, but it is not on windows, so highly portable code tends to
prefer strtod_l...