On 2021/02/16 20:12, Franz Bettag wrote:
> My point, the protocol after HTTP 1.0 encourages keep-alives anyway.
> Close is only default in 1.0 so basically you wouldn’t have lingering
> dead sockets on your server.

If you want a full featured HTTP implementation then perhaps relayd
is not for you. It is an amalgamation of a web firewall type of thing
with a load balancer / dead backend detection so any diff needs to
consider all use cases. It is not ready to handle multiple requests in
one connection, it makes a decision about where to send the request
then gets out the way (handing the packet-shovelling over to the kernel
via "splice"). To handle persistent connections it would need to stay
in the loop for future requests and process them separately, maybe to
a different backend.

Anyway I am not all that interested in relayd http proxying so I will
drop out of this thread, just trying to give a clue about what might
be needed in order to move this ahead. I am not saying the diff *is*
problematic but you can bet anyone committing it will need to satisfy
themselves that it doesn't introduce a new problem and there has not
been discussion of that in the thread afaicr.