I also can confirm your patch.

Thanks,
Sven

On 2/24/23 10:36, Mikhail wrote:
On Wed, Feb 22, 2023 at 03:31:28PM +0100, Stefan Sperling wrote:
Below is my work-in-progress diff to update iwx(4) to latest firmware.
Every system tracking -current should already have the new -77 firmware images.

The new images contain security fixes of (to me) unknown severity.
Unfortunately there have been quite a number of firmware API changes since
our last upgrade and it took me quite some time to get all the required new
bits in place and arrive at an operational state.

While testing please enable additional debug output with:
   ifconfig iwx0 debug
To activate it at boot time: echo debug >> /etc/hostname.iwx0

There are some known issue with occasional firmware errors.
My devices eventually manage to connect and work regardless. If you see a
firmware error in dmesg please include the extra information shown in dmesg
after enabling the debugging mode as above. This information is hidden by
default and the driver will only print "fatal firmware error" to dmesg
without more context, but the extra context is needed for debugging.

If you hit an error which looks like this:

    iwx0: firmware parse error 22, section type 19
    iwx0: failed to load init firmware

Then you will need to increase this constant in if_iwxvar.h until you
get past the error:

#define IWX_UCODE_SECT_MAX 56

It will probably just need a +1 or +2.
It is possible to find the required maximum by parsing all the
firmware files, but I haven't gotten around to that yet.

Tested and known to work with occasional firmware errors on:

iwx0 at pci2 dev 0 function 0 "Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200" rev 0x1a, msix
iwx0: hw rev 0x340, fw 77.f92b5fed.0

iwx0 at pci0 dev 20 function 3 "Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201" rev 0x00, msix
iwx0: hw rev 0x350, fw 77.f92b5fed.0,

iwx0 at pci4 dev 0 function 0 "Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX210" rev 0x1a, msix
iwx0: hw rev 0x420, fw 77.f92b5fed.0, pnvm dbd9582f,

iwx0 at pci0 dev 20 function 3 "Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201" rev 0x20, msix
iwx0: hw rev 0x350, fw 77.f92b5fed.0, address X

iwx0 at pci0 dev 20 function 3 "Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX211" rev 0x01, msix
iwx0: hw rev 0x370, fw 77.f92b5fed.0, pnvm dbd9582f, address X

Working fine. AX211 required IWX_UCODE_SECT_MAX 57 to start.

Tested with usual activity and iperf3 --bidir overnight.

iwx0 at pci0 dev 20 function 3 "Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201" rev 0x01, msix
iwx0: hw rev 0x350, fw 77.f92b5fed.0