On 16.5.2023. 21:11, Jan Klemkow wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This diff introduces new counters for LRO packets, we get from the
> network interface.  It shows, how many packets the network interface has
> coalesced into LRO packets.
>
> In followup diff, this packet counter will also be used to set the
> ph_mss variable to valid value.  So, the stack is able to forward or
> redirect this kind of packets.

Hi,

when LRO is enabled with "ifconfig ix0 tcprecvoffload" LRO counter is
increasing if I'm sending or receiving tcp traffic with iperf.
Is this ok?
TSO counter is increasing only when I'm sending traffic.

ix0 at pci5 dev 0 function 0 "Intel X552 SFP+" rev 0x00, msix, 4 queues

smc4# ifconfig ix0 tcprecvoffload
smc4# ifconfig ix0
ix0: flags=2008843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST,LRO> mtu 1500

smc4# ifconfig ix0 -tcprecvoffload
smc4# ifconfig ix0
ix0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500

smc4# netstat -sp tcp | egrep "TSO|LRO"
                10843097 output TSO packets software chopped
                0 output TSO packets hardware processed
                136103193 output TSO packets generated
                0 output TSO packets dropped
                4940412 input LRO generated packets from hardware
                74984192 input LRO coalesced packets from hardware
                0 input bad LRO packets from hardware

It is 0 on "TSO packets hardware processed" because I didn't applied
latest bluhm@ "ix hardware tso" diff