On 21/10/2023 20:39, Florian Obser wrote:
Which was 8 years ago. I don't understand why you see a change in 7.4.

Anyway, we decided to not clean up control sockets in any of our
privsep daemons because leaving them behind does not cause any issues.

I just noticed it today when I tried to use the socket in a script and noticed that it stayed there even after shutdown and though it was after 7.4 but I was wrong about that.

Your commit made it that clear.

Agree it's not a big case if it stays there.

Would the unlink succeed if the socket was owned by _relayd?