On Tue, Oct 24, 2023 at 03:01:26PM +0200, Claudio Jeker wrote:
> When I added ibuf_get_fd() the idea was to make sure that ibuf_free() will
> close any fd still on the buffer. This way even if a fd is unexpectedly
> passed nothing will happen.
>
> That code was disabled at start because userland was not fully ready. In
> particular rpki-client did not handle that well. All of this is to my
> knowledge fixed so there is no reason to keep the NOTYET :)
>
> With this users need to use ibuf_fd_get() to take the fd off the ibuf.
> Code not doing so will break because ibuf_free() will close the fd which
> is probably still in use somewhere else.

Nothing in base outside of libutil seems to reach directly for the fd
(checked by compiling with that struct member renamed in the public
header).

The internal uses are addressed by this diff, so

ok tb

I can put the fd rename through a bulk to catch some ports in a couple
of days but I don't think there is a need to wait.