Ah come again? Who mentioned theMac.

On 14/09/2011 12:00 AM, Mary Stores wrote:
Dane,

People aren't upgrading just for that reason, though.

Hopefully the FS people will have everything integrated into the Settings Center now so you don't have to go to three different places to change your settings. Also, you get three upgrades for free with an SMA, so not everyone is paying to upgrade.

Also, most people who use JAWS aren't using the Mac, so it's no fair to criticize the FS folks for being too late. Sure, if JAWS was a Mac thing then maybe...

Mary

Quoting Dane Trethowan <grtd...@internode.on.net>:

Yep there is a web capture solution for the Mac though I can't
remember the name of the software.

As far as webvisum goes? Well I'm running the latest version of
Firefox and - to date - I've had no trouble with the add-on.

I'm not questioning Freedom Scientific's intentions, makes sense to
have this sort of feature in a Screen Reading package but what I am
questioning is the cost to people for this feature, its going to cost
JAWS users a few hundred to upgrade just for this, its going to cost
people a great deal of money if they want to use this feature who
don't own JAWS so that's why I spoke of alternative such as webvisum.

You can find an archive of all messages posted to the Techno-Chat group at either of the following websites:

http://mail.tft-bbs.co.uk/pipermail/techno-chat/index.html

Or:
<http://www.mail-archive.com/techno-chat@techno-chat.net>
you may also subscribe to this list via RSS.  The feed is at:
<http://www.mail-archive.com/techno-chat@techno-chat.net/maillist.xml>

--
Dane Trethowan
Sending email from his EEEPC Netbook