If anyone's interested in the Android system and how accessible it is with speech then I certainly recommend the excellent series on Android devices and accessibility found at <http://www.blindcooltech.com>

I also recommend looking at the Access Word publication which has reviews of various Android products with speech, sorry I don't have a link handy <smile>.

Code Factory also make products to help blind and visually impaired people get the most out of their android devices.

And my view? Well I know blind people who who use Samsung Galaxy II Android devices and I've not heard them report any trouble, one of the people I know is a Mobile engineer for one of the big mobile carriers in Australia so he'd know what he was talking about.

He swithced from Iphone 4 to the Galaxy II because of "performance" issues mainly, as a phone he found the Galaxy II out performs the Iphone 4 though this didn't come as any particular surprise to me, I remember when I had an Iphone and used it regularly, I also found when it came to a "Phone" my Nokia N85 gave superior audio quality, better connection and better range and so forth.

I guess what I'm saying here that its "Horses For Courses" ahd when deciding on a device which is right for you do your research and take into consideration more than one opinion, particularly if you have concerns with accessibility.

And as a final note yep, there are things I like about the Iphone and its main sstrengths in my view are the Apps, literally hundreds of thousands of accessible apps are available and this still is a problem for the Android platform, firstly you needed sighted asistance it would seem to even access the Android "Market Place" to install apps. As has been noted, there are many different variants of Android floating about including one which is being developped specifically for those who need accessibility so perhaps the problems with the "Market Place" will change in the not to distant future, we'll wait and see.