Howdy!

I wonder whether just a cassette recorder may do the job? You can still buy the
typical desktop machine with the classic piano key type arrangement for well
under $200.00 here, I just checked with one of the stores where I buy radio
gear from.

I'm not sure I'd recommend the Zoom H1 that many list members use, whilst I'd
term the device as veyr easy to use some of the buttons are very small and
unless you're really concentrating then they can be easily knocked thus
changing the mode of the recorder.

One of the cheaper Olympus models that talks? Well that may be an option worth
looking at too!