I'm no authority on winamp though I'm told that it handles bookmarks and the like with Audio and Audible books, not tried it myself.

Another alternative you may wish to look at is VLC, its the most customisable media player on the planet and does handle audio book marks.

I'm a registered Winamp user myself, the cost was perfectly reasonable and worth every cent however Wiamp does have it seems problems when playing some media, when playing video MPG for example, all you get is a still picture for some reason, Windows Media and VLC plays them without a hitch.

The app for Winamp and Window-eyes is very well written and incrdibly versatile though I prefer to use ?Winamp without it and I get enough feedback on what Winamp is doing for my liking with NVDA.