From: techno-chat-boun...@techno-chat.net
[mailto:techno-chat-boun...@techno-chat.net] On Behalf Of Travis Siegel
Sent: 15 March 2014 02:58
To: Techno-Chat ... Technology Enthusiasm!
Subject: Re: Remembering a Big Solar Flare March 8, 1989

Martin, you mentioned electronic equipment getting out of whack, and
strange things happening to it.  Well, I have a small heater I keep on
a shelf in my bedroom for those nights it gets too cold for simple
blankets and feather beds to cope.  What I find, is that during the
times this heater is running, (generally around 2-4 am timeframe) I
can hear a radio station faintly coming from the heater when it's
running.  It's not loud enough to record, since the heater noise
drowns it out mostly), but it is noticable, and although I have yet to
hear a station id during the time it's been active, I find it
interesting that it happens anyway.  I've been tempted a time or two
to get my regular radio, and try to match the station before the
heater turns off again, but being it happens in the middle of the
night, and I'm usually too cold to crawl out of bed if I don't need
to, it's remained only an idle thought.

You can find an archive of all messages posted to the Techno-Chat group at
either of the following websites:

http://mail.tft-bbs.co.uk/pipermail/techno-chat/index.html

Or:
<http://www.mail-archive.com/techno-chat@techno-chat.net>
you may also subscribe to this list via RSS.  The feed is at:
<http://www.mail-archive.com/techno-chat@techno-chat.net/maillist.xml>