Hi!

Was wondering if anyone had seen this speaker system at all?

I've been looking for reviews and thus haven't found all that much to recommend this portable speaker system.

I've given a link to it on Sony's web site so people may have a look.

Up until now I only knew of one portable speaker system which was worth getting that had DLNA and a whole host of options.

Sure, the Denon Cocoon portable isn't a brilliant sounding portable speaker system but it does boast a whole heap of connectivity options including DLNA, AirPlay, LAN port, playback of multiple formats including HD audio formats, 6 hours of battery life from a built-in rechargeable battery, a remote control as well as total control from an IOS/Android App and even built-in Internet radio through vTuner.

The sony mentioned here is the closest I've found to the Denon, the Sony doesn't have the Internet radio but it does have Bluetooth, an option that the Denon model regretfully omits.

The Denon Cocoon will also handle an IOS device docked to it directly, yes something so rare these days and still the demand is high for such a beast with a Docking facility.

Anyway judge for yourself, the Sony is cheap enough in Australia so I might see about buying one as the Denon is getting a little old, I've had it for well over a year now and its proved its weight in gold when its come to streaming music literally anywhere in the area of hosue and yard.

The Denon Cocoon Portable is a tough AVS plastic designed for both indoor and outdoor use.

The Cocoon Portalbe has a bigger brother, the Denon Cocoon Home which is a very formidible speaker system if you're looking for something to sit on the shelf, the Cocoon Home is mains powered and packs in more punch than the Portable obviously.

http://www.sony.com.au/electronics/wireless-speakers/srs-x77#product_details_default

--

Those who don't need help are prepared to help themselves