I believe I've found to be a near perfect tabletop radio, the DDr-63 which comes from our good friends at Sangean

The bad parts first, this radio has a touch screen however one can either use the Remote control or the Sangean Remote App if one has an iPhone or Android devce.

On my system I can't get the Sangean App to work on my iPhone for whatever reason but it works fine on my Samsung Galaxy S6 Android phone.

The DDR63 is literally packed with features and here are a few.

USB port for playback of music from a memory stick.
CD Player equipped with MP3 playback function.
Digital DAB/DAB+ for models in Australia and Europe.
Pandora connectivity
IOS dock
DLNA compatibility for playing music from a Mac, Windows machine or NAS storage
Recording of a source to SD card or USB device.

The radio even sounds quite nice thanks to its wooden cabinet and the sound can be further tweaked by the use of the EQ settings or you can customise the bass and treble controls to your liking.

Unfortunately there's no way for a person without vision to set either of the two alarms but I do know that the display is very clear - I have this on good authority from those who can see it - so if you're part of a couple then this unit would certainly be a great bedside companion for the two of you. Other nice stuff include both an analog and digital line-out, aux-in and headphone socket.

--

Those who don't need help are prepared to help themselves