Hi!

I've spoken before about the Jamcast Server that can be installed onto a Windows PC.

Just to summarise for those who don't know, the Jamcast server is a DLNA tool which allows the streaming of various audio services not just to the Windows PC itself but to other DLNA compatible devices such as a Network player or a pair of DLNA speakers.

These services include BBC Radio premium audio at 320KBS, Radiotunes.com premium channels, Spotify and your own Music or iTunes library, outputs from Sound devices etc.

I just installed a new channe I'd not noticed before simply entitled CD audio and that's exactly what this channel does.

For example, I put an audio CD into the drive of the Windows PC Desk Top machine running the Jamcast Server and ran a DLNA App on my IOS device.

From the IOS device I selected Jamcast and then CD Audio, a screen appeared giving me the title of the CD and the track listing so I selected a track to play.

From here I was prompted to enter the device I wished to stream the track to so I chose my Denon Cocoon Home speaker system which was next to me in the den - desk top machine is out in the lounge - and bingo! Cd in the computer was heard through the Denon Cocoon.

This is another exciting Jamcast plug-in that has exciting potential.

--

Those who don't need help are prepared to help themselves