Hi!

I've just managed to get Cortana working on my Windows 10 Desk Top computer, even though I've been using Windows 10 for quite some time its the first time I've been able to get Cortana with voice commands working, better late than never I guess.

Its an interesting experience issuing voice commands to a desk top machine though I'm obviously used to issuing Voice commands to mobile devices.

Cortana seems quite happy to do most things though some things the system certainly seems to have problems with. For example Cortana will open Apps such as Word 2016 and Mozilla Thunderbird but try opening things such as the Chicken Nugget Twitter client which I have installed on my machine, such requests are certainly not appreciated.

And here's a strange one, on every other device when I ask "What's The Current Time" that device recites the time back to me through its TTS engine but not Cortana which prefers to search for "What's The Current Time" using whatever your default search engine just happens to be - in my case Google -.

Cortana doesn't seem to know about the Windows 10 Maps either, say something like "Take Me To Gordon Smith's Place" and Google pops up again.

And finally forget about making phone calls by saying something like "Call 03 9921 2389", that's just out of the question and Cortana will tell you so, this feature only works on Windows Phones it seems and that's a pity, I have Skype on my system, another Microsoft product which is perfectly capable of making calls to PSTN lines etc.

A lot to learn still about Cortana so perhaps I'll find ways around a lot of things.

--

Those who don't need help are prepared to help themselves