Here are more observations concerning the Eton Satellit radio.

The Satellit has 700 memories, 100 pages of seven starting from page 0 to 99.

You can toggle between standard tuning and memory tuning mode by using the page button.

When in memory mode the tuning up/down buttons act as your page up and down buttons but you can also use the numeric keypad to get to the page of memories you want, say pressing page and then number 9 will take you to page 9 or pressing page and number 27 will take you to page 27, the only memory page that can't be accessed this way is page number 0, if you press the 0 key then you'll be switching the Medium-Long-Wave toggle button.

The button to the right of the 0 moves between 14 shortwave bands and the button to the left of the 0 toggles between FM and Air bands.

When entering frequency's the key to the right of the 0 acts as an enter key - enter frequency's in for AM, Shortwave etc - and the key to the left of the 0 acts as an enter key for fm and Air bands - enter the frequency and press the key to the left of the 0 to enter that frequency for FM or air -.

The Satellit radio can charge batteries however you'll need to know the time the radio will take to charge the batteries and set the radio accordingly.

The time can be easily set by holding the F7 key down whilst the radio is off, at that point turning the tuning knob clockwise increases the hours of charging time, every click equals 1 hour and turning the knob anti clockwise decreases the charging time.

I've experimented with this and discovered that the time adjustment doesn't wrap around so 0 hours is the lowest setting whilst 32 hours is the highest, once the setting has been made press the page button and charging starts.

I looked in the Eton Satellit manual but couldn't find any sort of chart that shows what times might be used for various sizes of batteries. Here I use Sanyo Eneloop 2000MAH batteries and 8 hours seems to give me a reasonable charge, enough power to last me a good 18 hours.

The Radio has a squelch setting that can be used on Am, Long Wave, Shortwave and Air band and its a great tool to use if you're only interested in strong stations in your area for example, the squelch setting can be activated by holding the tuning knob in for 3 seconds and then turning to make the squelch adjustment.

Pressing the tuning knob toggles between fast, slow and off tuning modes for the knob.

More notes as I continue exploring.

--

Those who don't need help are prepared to help themselves