Yes, Skype for Windows worked just fine, the message I sent was received and I
was able to play it back without a problem.

I also took the opportunity to test the Skype Video facility on my Mac though I
need not have worried as the sending and receiving of Video Messages through
Skype on the Mac is perfectly accessible, I hope the same holds true with
Android and IOS versions of Skype.

By the ways for those who don’t know, Skype is changing over to using Microsoft
Accounts and Microsoft Live ID’s instead of the old Skype usernames, standard
email addresses can also be used.

Those of a positive and enquiring frame of mind will leave the rest of the
halfwits in this world behind.