Hi!

I'm surprised Cortana hasn't been mentioned here at all, for those who don't know Cortana is the search facility in Windows 10 which combines Voice Recognition to search for and accomplish tasks.

I use Cortana from time to time but for some reason I don't feel as comfortable using Cortana on my Windows Desktop as I do using Google on one of my Android devices.

In my view Google products have a strangle hold on the Voice Recognition game but having said all that its early days for Cortana and we're going to see a lot of development in this area from all sorts of players and perhaps we'll even see Apple with their SIRI catch up in this area too.

I've been able to have Cortana open Apps on my computer, tell me the time and current temperature in different locations and have Cortana open various web sites but I haven't really been able to get much further than that.

I tried to have Cortana send an eMail but I was told I didn't have an eMail account configured which isn't quite correct, I use Mozilla Thunderbird on the Desktop PC and - whilst Cortana has no problem whatever in opening Thunderbird when commanded - it must rely on an Outlook Email account or something similar set up, that's my assumption anyway.

Surprisingly I haven't been able to get Cortana to "Call" numbers and this struck me as very odd given I have Skype, a Microsoft product installed on the system. When I asked Cortana to "Call 123 4567" I was told that, "Sorry, I can't call anyone on this system".

So there we are, my few cents worth on Cortana. Besides the voice recognition features is the search feature from the keyboard which I just wouldn't be without and of course I've been using this since Windows 7.

--

Those who don't need help are prepared to help themselves