Hi!

One thing that should appeal to anyone considering the purchase of or an upgrade to a Samsung Galaxy S8 is "Security" and there are plenty of extra security features to play with and customise to your hearts content.

The most obvious is the fingerprint reader which is both incredibly fast and reliable on my testing and I must be the only Samsung Galaxy S8 user who doesn't give a damn about the fingerprint reader being on the back of the phone.

I decided to try and get facial recognition working and this was extremely easy to do, just tap Facial Recognition in "Lock Screen And Security" and add your face, you'll be prompted along the way by your phone as to what you have to do when adding.

You have to match up the circle that appears on the screen with your face and obviously I couldn't see the circle but it seemed to me that - if I had the phone around 30CM front facing away from me - then this very well may work which it did.

So its as easy as holding the phone in front of your face when you press the power key to unlock though it doesn't quite work that way sometimes.

You have to practise to determin what is the correct distance between your face and the phone and - even then - lighting conditions can play a role so no, its not too reliable however you can still use the fingerprint reader, your Password or even set up smart unlocking options, - keep phone unlocked at a particular location, unlock phone when connected to particular Bluetooth devices etc-.

--

"Live each day as if you were goiing to die tomorrow, learn each day as if you were going to live forever"