Dane,

An interesting read, thank you.

Roger.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dane Trethowan [mailto:grtd...@internode.on.net]
Sent: 17 September 2018 15:48
To: techno-chat@techno-chat.net
Subject: [Techno-Chat]: More on Denon Heos

Hi!
I’ve written to the list about various Denon Heos streaming/multi room products
I have ranging from the Denon Surround-Sound receiver in the lounge, the stereo
speaker in my den and the weatherproof portables.
2 weeks ago I took delivery of the most advanced Heos product I’ve used in the
form of the Denon Heos Super Link, actually perhaps I’d best describe the Heos
Super Link as being the most advanced and versatile audio product I’ve ever
used.
The Super Link is very non descript looking like a typical rack mount component
such as a Musical Synthesiser or radio tuner, the rack out ears can be removed.
There’s nothing on the front of the Super Link itself apart from a button with
markings around it which I take to be a sleep button on some kind though I’ve
never had any reason to use it.
The lack of controls is due to the fact that all controls for the Super Link
and other Heos equipment are found in the Heos App itself which runs under IOS
or Android, take your pick.
The Heos Super Link from Denon is designed to work with a variety of equipment,
everything from Power Amplifiers to Digital to Analogue Converters, whatever
your audio distribution or audio input/output switching dream then the Super
Link can probably handle it and on top of that stream it!
The Super Link is divided into 4 zones - 4 completely separate output devices
if you like - and they can be configured completely independently of each other
even down to the IP address and name.
Using the Heos link you can switch between the zones or stream directly to them
using DLNA compatible Apps.
Each zone has a serious of outputs including Optical/coxial digital and
analogue RCA jacks.
The Analogue outputs can be configured as fixed level - for feeding into
line-in - or variable - for feeding to power amplifiers -.
Each zone has a graphic EQ to match the sound even further.
If that’s not enough the stereo outputs can be combined to produce dual mono
outputs.
The outputs can be set to drive sub-woofer units and have a complete bypass
filter setup.
Remote control compatibility is catered for with each zone with a trigger out
facility which can be used to turn on a power amplifier or similar when it is
required.
Added to this each zone has its own USB port so you have the ability through
the Super Link to connect 4 separate USB memory sticks filled with your
favourite music in your favourite formats whether that be HD audio, MP3 or
anything else.
So that’s the outputs and then come the inputs, 4 sets of stereo Analogue
Line-In  jacks along with 2 Optical and 2 Coxial cable digital inputs, all of
which can be switched amongst the output zones or switched to other Heos
equipment on your network.
For example, I have one of my Digital tuners fed into Cox Input Digital 1 of
the Heos Super Link, I can switch the input to any of the 4 zones of the Super
Link or switch the input to the Surround-Sound system in the lounge, the Denon
Heos 7 speaker in my Den, the portable speakers outside etc.
Let your imagination Rome over the possibilities that streaming to and from the
Heos Super link brings, sending your cable Set Top box from the Surround-Sound
to one of the zones of your Super link, sending the USB Memory sticks contents
to the Portables in the barbecue area, pairing a guests Bluetooth phone with
the Heos speaker in the party room and streaming  the guests  music collection
to your study for your private enjoyment, what absolute fun!
Given the quality of the Heos Super Link it doesn’t come cheap at Australian
$1800 but boy, you really get a good bang for your buck.
There are quite a few Heos products in the range now, the Heos 1 are the
portable speakers I briefly spoke of, they can be paired into stereo pairs or
you can use as individual speakers. The Heos 1 can also be fitted with a Heos
Go rechargeable battery pack.
The Heos 3 is a bigger version of the Heos 1 designed to be run indoors. The
Heos 3 can be used as rear or centre speakers in a Heos Surround-Sound
environment if you like, they also make excellent main audio speakers.
The Heos 5 is a self contained stereo powered speaker unit as is the Heos 7,
the 7 is meant for larger roos whilst the 5 for smaller.
I’ve already mentioned the Heos Super link but there’s another smaller Brother
in the Kink range, the link itself which is only a 1 zone product as compared
to the 4 offered by the Super Link.
The heos Amp is a self-contained Hi-Fi amplifier complete with all Heos has to
offerer, the idea of this amp is that you connect to the Hi-Fi components and
the speakers of your choice whilst having all the benefits of Heos connectivity
at your fingertips.
I beleive that several Heos sub-woofer units are also available.

------------------------------

This post, like all posts to the Techno Chat E-Mail group has been scanned by
our server-side antivirus/malware solution. This should not, however, be viewed
as a substitution for your own security strategy. We assume no culpability
whatever, implicit or otherwise, for any compromise to your systems as a result
of opening any post to this group. Suffice it to say that we remain vigilant
within the boundaries of reason. We strongly urge you to do likewise! You have
been warned!!!

You can find an RSS listing of all posts to this group at:
<https://mail.mac-access.net:7025/list/techno-chat@techno-chat.net>
or at:
<https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=all&q=techno-chat@techno-chat.net>

To encourage your friends to join this group, first accept our thanks for
spreading the word. Then, have them send a message to the list processing
engine at:
<techno-chat-j...@techno-chat.net>
To toggle on/off Digest (batch) mode for this group, please send a blank
message to:
<techno-chat-dig...@techno-chat.net>
To leave the group, please send a blank message to:
<techno-chat-le...@techno-chat.net>.

To contact the support address for this group, please write to:
supp...@techno-chat.net>