Hi,
I’ve had the Google Home Max since last Thursday so plenty of time to explore
what this device offers.
I think the best way to describe a Google Home Max in size is to compare it to
a kitchen toaster so its going to take up a little more room the the Home
itself.
The speaker is a fairly heavy and well built unit which for me adds to the
excitement.
You can mount the Max either lying down or standing up on its end.
If lying down the speaker is in stereo mode but when standing up is in mono
mode and the surface controls change.
By surface controls I mean you can slide your finger left to right to adjust
playback volume or tap once to pause and again to resume.
On the back of the speaker are an aux-in jack, your mains power in connection
and a USB C port.
I’m told that a dongle can be connected to the port to allow a LAN connection
though various forums I’ve visited to try and find out more have reported
problems with this method of connecting the Max to your network.
Setup of the Max is through the Google Home App either on Android or IOS.
So once the Max was all set to go it was time to do som testing with the Max in
my kitchen on top of my fridge.
My Kitchen echos a little so listening to any music in that area has always
been an annoyance for me.
I wondered how the auto tuning function of the Max would handle this or even if
the tuning would take into account the slight echo of the room, the Max
documentation says the auto tuning is supposed to take the acoustic environment
in which the Max is placed into account and calibrate thus.
No indication is given as to the calibration made but I can tell you that if
you have a room with some echo or ambience issues which affect your hearing
then the Google Home Max does indeed seem to make adjustments accordingly or
perhaps the Max just sounds good anyway, we’ll never really know for sure given
the lack of indication as to what the Google Home Max does.
The Max has 4 units, 2 tweeters and 2 woofers all of which put out some
impressive punch.
The stereo separation isn’t as good as what you’ll find in the B&W A5 and the
B&w A7 but then again those 2 units are both more expensive than the Google
Home Max.
If you’re looking at purchasing a Voice Assistant then this is the best I’ve
seen to date without a doubt.
Google have obviously spent a bit of time making sure that volumes aren’t too
out of balance, by that I mean being able to hear the Google TTS and the
content you’re listening to at roughly the same volume.
------------------------------

This post, like all posts to the Techno Chat E-Mail group has been scanned by
our server-side antivirus/malware solution. This should not, however, be viewed
as a substitution for your own security strategy. We assume no culpability
whatever, implicit or otherwise, for any compromise to your systems as a result
of opening any post to this group. Suffice it to say that we remain vigilant
within the boundaries of reason. We strongly urge you to do likewise! You have
been warned!!!

You can find an RSS listing of all posts to this group at:
<https://mail.mac-access.net:7025/list/techno-chat@techno-chat.net>
or at:
<https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=all&q=techno-chat@techno-chat.net>

To encourage your friends to join this group, first accept our thanks for
spreading the word. Then, have them send a message to the list processing
engine at:
<techno-chat-j...@techno-chat.net>
To toggle on/off Digest (batch) mode for this group, please send a blank
message to:
<techno-chat-dig...@techno-chat.net>
To leave the group, please send a blank message to:
<techno-chat-le...@techno-chat.net>.

To contact the support address for this group, please write to:
supp...@techno-chat.net>