Hi,
I recently set up my Amazon Alexa devices to work with Skype and was wondering
If anyone else on list had done the same.
I’m quite impressed with the audio quality not from Skype so much  but from the
Amazon Alexa units themselves using Skype.
I intend to do a demo of how good the latest Amazon Alexa Echo Dot sounds when
I’m talking from the opposite side of my room in my armchair from where the Dot
is sitting on the shelf above my computer desk.
The idea of using Skype with your Alexa device is simple enough, just ask Alexa
to call a number etc and Alexa will use your Skype account.
My interest in Skype had I thought disappeared completely until I learnt about
integrating my Alexa devices into Skype.
This is handy not just for making everyday calls but a great security idea, if
I have an accident, fall etc then I can summon help immediately given I have an
Alexa in every room of my house now and can always add more if required.
My only disappointment with the whole Amazon Alexa thing is the fact that
Amazon have seen fit not to continue development of the Amazon Alexa Tap device
which I think still is one of the best thought out Amazon devices still around.

------------------------------

This post, like all posts to the Techno Chat E-Mail group has been scanned by
our server-side antivirus/malware solution. This should not, however, be viewed
as a substitution for your own security strategy. We assume no culpability
whatever, implicit or otherwise, for any compromise to your systems as a result
of opening any post to this group. Suffice it to say that we remain vigilant
within the boundaries of reason. We strongly urge you to do likewise! You have
been warned!!!

You can find an RSS listing of all posts to this group at:
<https://mail.mac-access.net:7025/list/techno-chat@techno-chat.net>
or at:
<https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=all&q=techno-chat@techno-chat.net>

To encourage your friends to join this group, first accept our thanks for
spreading the word. Then, have them send a message to the list processing
engine at:
<techno-chat-j...@techno-chat.net>
To toggle on/off Digest (batch) mode for this group, please send a blank
message to:
<techno-chat-dig...@techno-chat.net>
To leave the group, please send a blank message to:
<techno-chat-le...@techno-chat.net>.

To contact the support address for this group, please write to:
supp...@techno-chat.net>