I’ve had nothing to this effect, at least, not yet. Our TV guides are free for
all to use, so I can’t see why they’d do this. That said, I believ other
countries, of which Australia is probably one, also offers this for free.

The only proviso I can see regarding our guides is overseas organisations. We
have a stupid system over here which makes it compulsory that every household
in which a TV receiver of any kind is present must be covered by a TV licence.
Blind and, in some cases, vision impaired people receive a 50% discount.
Over-seventy-fives currently unilaterally receive their licence for free,
although this is changing as of next year. This change means that only those
pensioners who receive pension credit benefit will receive their licence for
free. Everybody else will have to pay the full fee, whether they’re 75 or 175
years old. But, I digress.

Regarding Plex, I wil check their website as I haven’t received anything
telling me that this is changing over here. However if the guides on Ice TV
really are so much better, I may just switch. I haven’t had a lot of luck with
live TV on my Plex Server, although I probably haven’t played with it enough.
So I guess that’s something I should do. All I’ve done so far is watch live TV
and, to my shame, I’ve been using the HDHomerun app for that. Although I have
resisted paying the $35.00 a year to subscribe to their recording service.