Hi everyone,
I know there are a few people out there who are into Electronic and DIY
projects of the same nature like me.
Up until now I’ve found it very difficult to find power supply units that can
be set accurately without vision and offering stable voltages.
Yes, some “Plugpack” units will allow quite a bit of flexibility these days but
let’s face it, these units are of a low quality usually and don’t last too long.
Not only that they don’t have the voltage or current range required for good
testing and are subject to RF interference or contribute to the RF interference
in the immediate environment, as if we don’t have enough of that already.
I’ve found a Power Supply unit which is easy to set for blind people,
incredibly accurate and incredibly quiet as far as RF noise goes.
You can see the power supply at
https://www.jaycar.com.au/0-to-30vdc-0-to-5a-regulated-power-supply/p/MP3840?utm_campaign=redirect&utm_source=MP3840r&utm_medium=web

<https://www.jaycar.com.au/0-to-30vdc-0-to-5a-regulated-power-supply/p/MP3840?utm_campaign=redirect&utm_source=MP3840r&utm_medium=web>
I’m writing from Australia so residents of the US will have to do a bit of
digging to find a similar unit though residents of the UK shouldn’t have any
trouble sourcing this supply as Jaycar also do business in the UK.
As you can see the supply has a voltage range of 0 to 30 volts and 0 to 5 amps
so any value can be set in these ranges even fine voltage adjustments can be
made – say 1.2 volts -.
The supply has 2 jog-dials on the face to control volts and amps.
These dials click when turned and push in.
Suppose you wanted to adjust the voltage to 4.5 volts.
After turning the supply on you would press the voltage jog-dial once and turn
4 clicks clockwise, press the jog-dial in to advance to the next unit and turn
the dial clickwise 5 clicks.
The beauty of this supply is that you hear a beep when you’ve reached the
minimum or maximum value so you can count up or down by click from these
points, the count doesn’t wrap around so once you’re say at 30 volts the unit
will beep and stay at 30 volts unless you turn the voltage dial anti clockwise
to bring the voltage count down.
The supply remembers the last settings made when the power is turned off.
I have also discovered power supplies available where voltage and current
values can be set via an IOS or Android App.