From: Travis Siegel <tsie...@softcon.com>
Sent: 13 September 2019 21:02
To: techno-chat@techno-chat.net
Subject: [Techno-Chat]: epub reader in testing

Anyone willing to take up the challenge is welcome to test my softcon reader
epub reader.
You can find it at
http://www.softcon.comm/files/softconreader.exe
or you can just go to http://www.softcon.com/files/ and see it there, along
with anything else that is currently out there for use.
It's not a standards compliant epub reader (yet), but as long as your epub file
contains an index file with the .ncx extension, it whould work just fine.
Of course, if the index file is broken (as I've noticed so many are), it won't
work well, but it certainly tries.
There is a url displayed on the control panel, so you can go to any file you
like, to help alleviate the problem with malconfigured ncx files.
It won't handle opf content files, so that will limit the epubs it works on,
but give it a try, if it doesn't work, no harm done.
It's a work in progress, so expect broken behavior from time to time.
I'd sure like to know about problems if you encounter any though, so I can at
least be made aware of them, even if I don't manage to fix them.
Hope this helps.
------------------------------

This post, like all posts to the Techno Chat E-Mail group has been scanned by
our server-side antivirus/malware solution. This should not, however, be viewed
as a substitution for your own security strategy. We assume no culpability
whatever, implicit or otherwise, for any compromise to your systems as a result
of opening any post to this group. Suffice it to say that we remain vigilant
within the boundaries of reason. We strongly urge you to do likewise! You have
been warned!!!

You can find an RSS listing of all posts to this group at:
<https://mail.mac-access.net:7025/list/techno-chat@techno-chat.net>
or at:
<https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=all&q=techno-chat@techno-chat.net>

To encourage your friends to join this group, first accept our thanks for
spreading the word. Then, have them send a message to the list processing
engine at:
<techno-chat-j...@techno-chat.net>
To toggle on/off Digest (batch) mode for this group, please send a blank
message to:
<techno-chat-dig...@techno-chat.net>
To leave the group, please send a blank message to:
<techno-chat-le...@techno-chat.net>.

To contact the support address for this group, please write to:
supp...@techno-chat.net>