Hello Roger.

Indeed, yes. It would, however, have been nice had a few little tweaks been
made and, quite possibly, that will happen in the future.

I do intend, once 2020 is safely here, to make myself known to both the
technical people at RNIB, and also to the developers themselves. I am
fortunate, extremely so, to have had a good opportunity to use one of these
devices on my own hardware and software platform combination. Crucially, I have
not as yet been successful in my attempts to interface my iPhone with the
Orbit. I have no idea why that should be at the point, asI have used the
default Orbit status, (no pairing required … it just works), so the phone
should be ablate connect. However, it would seem not. So that is one area where
I need to pay attention too shortly. Possibly, if I were to deliberately enable
the more secure, standard pairing mode on the Orbit, it may just make a
difference. Until now that had not occurred to me. However, I shall investigate
that.

I’ve had an Orbit here on loan since the middle of October. So have had ample
opportunities to discover just what the device can do, and, perhaps more
importantly, what it cannot do.

I shall put up a comprehensive review of the device on the Techno-Chat blog,
(watch this speed), shortly.

On that note, if anybody else has any articles or reviews, written by them
personally, and they’d like exposure, if the subject matter is
technology-related, I would be happy to consider them for the BLOG. Contact me
off list if this is something you’d like to do. Please use the address
supp...@mac-access.net <mailto:supp...@mac-access.net> rather than my private
address.

Many thanks for reading my waffle.

Gordon.