On 29/03/12 08:48, Guillaume Desmottes wrote:
Le Wednesday 28 March 2012 à 18:29 +0200, Izidor Matušov a écrit :
I would like to ask
about the current state of Telepathy Gabble: Could it solve my needs?
What parts would I need to patch to have required features?

Yes, you'll have to write a Gabble plugin (called sidecars) which will
implement a new D-Bus API that you'll use in GTG to access/modify the
tasks.
I'm not a sidecar expert but IIRC we have a simple skeleton you could
start with. Will?

Nah, I never finished putting it together.

You could take a look at the XMPP console plugin and corresponding UI which ships in the Gabble source tree. The plugin exposes some extra D-Bus API, and the UI consumes it.

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/telepathy/telepathy-gabble/tree/plugins/console.c
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/telepathy/telepathy-gabble/tree/plugins/telepathy-gabble-xmpp-console

--
Will