Hi again,

   Many thanks to Alberto Molina for directing me toward the solution for the
problem. The issue had come up before with BeOS, and Thomas Esser's suggested
solution can be found at:

   I followed this and added the following to my cnf.c:

     #elif defined (_sparc_)
     #define unix

   This solved the problem and everything worked nicely thereafter.

   For those who are interested, I first tried Olaf Weber's suggestion which
can be found at:

   Perhaps I made a mistake when changing cnf.c, but while ftmutil.cnf was
found just fine after that change, the compilation ended with lots of errors.
If anyone is interested I can email them a partial log of the errors created.

   Thanks to all who made suggestions,

                                         Lukas