Den 28.07.2022 kl. 14.37 skrev Bob Tennent:
The following announcement may be of interest:

https://www.sun.ac.za/english/Lists/news/DispForm.aspx?ID=6628 <https://www.sun.ac.za/english/Lists/news/DispForm.aspx?ID=6628>

The last time I was in email contact with Dirk was March 2019. I was
preparing a revision of one of my M-Tx engravings. As so often before I
got the help I needed.

M-Tx isn't mentioned explicitly but his interests were said to
include "music (choir singing, playing the recorder, and aficionado
in general)".

The current form of the musixtex.lua script is very much due to
Dirk's extensive development of and improvement to the rudimentary
script I had produced.

I believe to remember an email correspondance in which Dirk considered
rewriting M-Tx in luatex. Unfortinately those emails are (no longer) in
my archive.

In my working years as developer I was scripting databases and never got
comfortable with C-, Pascal- etc. programming. So I can't offer to take
over the maintenance of M-Tx. But from my decades long experience with
another open source engraving facility, MUP (http://www.arkkra.com/)
I'll recommend it as a highly qualified alternative to M-Tx.

Best wishes
--
Christian Mondrup
WIMA: Werner Icking Music Archive