Den 19.11.2022 kl. 18.27 skrev Rodolfo Medina:
On Sat, Nov 19, 2022 at 5:04 PM Rodolfo Medina <rodolfo.med...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sat, Nov 19, 2022 at 4:39 PM Bob Tennent <rdtenn...@gmail.com> wrote:

That seems to date from 2015.  Try installing from https://ctan.org/pkg/pmx
or http://icking-music-archive.org/software/pmx/pmx-2.98a.zip.

Bob T.

Thanks, I'm installing it, but I'm afraid the problem is not in the
pmxab step but in the dvips step

In fact, after installing PMX from Ctan, the problem remains.

just a guess: you may be using an older version of musixflx. The current up-to-date version is a lua script, older versions were programmed in c

In a shell window say 'which musixflx' and then check this binary: 'less <path-to-musixflx>/musixflx

At the top of the binary you should see something like

#!/usr/bin/env texlua

--
Christian Mondrup
WIMA: Werner Icking Music Archive