Hi there, I wasn’t sure who to email, but I think Mr. Jean-Pierre Coulon has
something to do with you guys and I hoped this might reach him somehow. I saw
his name on the company list and believe he’s the one person on earth that owns
a certain historical music book I’ve been researching that I found on the Imslp
library database.

Hi Mr. Coulon,
I’m Joe Infurchia, a pianist, teacher and researcher from Connecticut (US). I’m
a current pupil of the 96 year old world piano legend Seymour Bernstein. I’ve
noticed you contribute a hefty amount of scans to the imslp. In preparing for a
solo recital I’m currently working on Beethoven’s Pastorale Sonata with Seymour
and have been looking for a very rare copy of Friedrich Starke’s Wiener
Pianoforte Schule, Op. 108; in particular, the second volume. There is a copy
that I see you miraculously had and generously posted a scan of online. As you
may know, Beethoven supposedly gave Starke his own fingerings in the Andante as
well as the Sonata’s final movement of his Op. 28 (one of his favorites) and
Starke republished them both in his Vienna Piano School volume 2 back in 1820
(while Beethoven was still alive). I can see that the scan you posted is sadly
not in high enough resolution in spots of those pages to make out many of his
fingerings. Seymour and I are very interested in being able to see those pages
(pages 62-69 of your scan) for Beethoven’s own printed fingerings in higher
contrast if at all possible. Do you happen to have a better scan somewhere?
Also, thank you for contributing so much to the library. The historical finds
of yours are truly inspirational treasures to the world, even from the other
side of the Atlantic pond!
Most gratefully,
Joe